Homework for September 29, 2017:
I. Estudie los “Direct Object Pronouns” en la página 178.
II. Estudie los “Indirect Object Pronouns” en la página 195.
III. Estudie el uso de los “Direct Object Pronouns” con los “Indirect Object Pronouns”.
IV. Estudie el vocabulario en las páginas 191 y 192.
V. Traduzca las siguientes frawses:
1. It’s a game.
2. It’s not a game.
3. I want a soft drink.
4. The soap opera is boring.
5. The mail arrives every day at noon.
6. The mail has arrived at the same time for years.
7. The mail is arriving later and later. (more and more late)
8. The mail will arrive late again tomorrow.
9. The mail will have arrived when you….
10. The mail will be arriving when you….
11. The mail would arrive on time if the mailman….
12. The mail would have arrived on time if the mailman….
13. The mail would be arriving on time if the mailman….
14. She gifts the watch to her boyfriend.
15. She gifts the watch to him.
16. She gifts it to him. (She gifts him it.)
17. She gifts it to them (masculine).
18. They lend money without interest.
19. He has lent money without conditions.
20. She is lending her car to her sister.
21. They will lend their boat to John.
22. We shall have lent the money before thinking.
23. I shall be lending the materials for free.
24. I would lend the money if….
25. She would have lent the moon if….
26. We would be lending the silverware to her for the party if….
27. She does not turn off the light.
28. He does not walk in the dark.
29. The building is built on sand.
30. The man constructs the building.
31. The people are constructing a pyramid.
32. The woman has constructed a good life.
33. The boy is awake.
34. The girl has awakened her mother.
35. The girl is awake.
36. I’m not going to bother you. (formal, masculine, singular)
37. Last night is in the past.
38. Yesterday seems far away.
39. The government is going to destroy the canal.
40. It’s the worst car on the market.
41. You (formal, plural) have to include these translations in your homework.
42. It’s not red but rather orange.
43. I want to ask you a question.
44. I thank you for the new socks.
45. She’s too busy to see you.
46. I like sports. (gustar — Sports are pleasing to me.)
47. It’s the best way to do it.
48. I want to leave a message.
49. I watch the news every night.
50. I don’t like the ads. (gustar – The ads are not pleasing to me.)
Homework for September 22, 2017:
I. Lea en voz alta el diálogo en la página 189 dos veces por día la semana entera.
II. Estudie el vocabulario en la página 191.
III. Traduzca las siguientes frases:
1. I am going to turn off the light.
Yo voy a apagar la luz.
2. Walking is healthful.
Caminar es saludable.
El caminar es saludable.
3. I want to hang the wall hanging today.
Yo quiero colgar el cuadro hoy.
4. He is going to build a house.
Él va a construir una casa.
5. She has built a good reputation.
Ella ha construido una buena reputation.
6. They (fem) are building a new structure.
Ellas están construindo una nueva estructura.
7. We (masc) shall be constructing a new building.
Nosotros construiremos un nuevo edificio.
8. He would build a computer if he had the parts. (Extra credit)
Él construiría una computadora si tuviera las partes / las refacciones.
9. You (formal) need to turn on the light.
Usted necesita encender la luz.
Usted necesita prender la luz.
10. She bothers her little brother.
Ella molesta a su hermanito.
11. We (feminine) have bothered the professor (feminine) a lot today.
Nosotras hemos molestado a la profesora mucho hoy.
12. She is bothering her mother.
Ella está molestando a su madre/mamá.
13. They (masculine) will bother the math teacher.
Ellos molestarán al maestro de matemáticas.
14. She would bother her father if she could. (Exra credit)
Ella molestaría a su padre/papá si pudiera.
15. There are three books on the table.
Hay tres libros en la mesa.
16. There is a special tree in the woods.
Hay un árbol especial en el bosque.
17. He seems strange.
Él parece extraño/raro.
18. She seems angry.
Ella parece enojada.
19. Our team seems better than the other one.
Nuestro equipo parece mejor que el otro.
20. With this cap I seem like a warlock.
Con esta gorra parezco un brujo.
21. He lends money to his best friend.
Él le presta dinero a su mejor amigo.
22. She gives/gifts a car to her boyfriend.
Ella le regala un carro a su novio.
23. He plays the piano well.
Él toca el piano bien.
24. She has played the violin all her life.
Ella ha tocado el violín toda su vida.
25. We (masculine) are playing in the band together.
Nosotros estamos tocando en la banda juntos.
26. They (feminine) will play their instruments better after taking lessons.
Ellas tocarán sus instrumentos mejor después de tomar lecciones.
27. It’s only a game.
Es solamente un juego.
28. The game is almost over.
El juego casi se ha terminado.
29. He is trying to be a good student.
Él está tratando de ser un buen estudiante.
30. She trys to be a good student.
Ella trata de ser una buena estudiante.
31. Mary drinks soft drinks only on special occasions.
María toma/bebe refrescos solamente en ocasiones especiales.
32. The soap opera bores me.
La telenovela me aburre.
33. She is boring.
Ella es aburrida.
34. He is bored.
Él está aburrido.
35. Every time I see that soap opera I think of her.
Cada vez que veo aquella/esa telenovela pienso en ella.